How many times have you heard it?
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
By the way, if you didn’t know, the great Benjamin Franklin came to that conclusion through what I would imagine were many failures of his own in his journey to success.
While Mr. Franklin’s venture may have looked different than yours today, this saying remains true for most.
As a fitness professional, I understand the importance of preparation. Most goals set by clients and myself begin with preparation. Determining what it would take to accomplish the goal is where anyone should start.
It’s simple. No matter what your goal is, whether it’s to lose weight, increase your energy levels, sleep better, build muscle or all of the above; you need to begin your health and fitness journey with your food. And by failing to prepare your food, you guessed it, you’re preparing to fail.
Here are some of my most favorite 10 minutes or less recipes to launch your journey. These are all balanced meals consisting of protein, fat, and carbs and will service your body effectively. By the way, we have tons of these awesome go-to recipes laying around. Click here for your free 3-day meal plan.
- 3/4 cup prepared tuna with 3 tsp. olive oil mayo, 1/2 apple & 8 wheat Ritz crackers
- 5 oz turkey jerky, 1 apple, babydel cheese
- 21 grams protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter, handful ice & water (to desired consistency)
- 8 oz. (approx 1 cup) kroger carb master vanilla yogurt, 1 string cheese, 1 slice Ezekiel toast, 1 cup mixed berries, 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 4 egg whites, 1 oz cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 apple & 6 almonds
To your health,
Head of Operations, The Training Spot